Friday, November 14, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #59, Panchali's "mystic purple flames"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This week I have a wonderful haiku for you as the "hokku" for the Tan Renga. It's a beautiful and very spiritual haiku written/composed by Panchali of Peach Oleander. She wrote this haiku in response on "Chinese Bellflower".

Here is her haiku:

mystic purple flames
arise from the spirit’s stalks
chill my autumn heart


© Panchali

Isn't it a wonderful haiku to work with? I think are enough possibilities to make this into a gorgeous Tan Renga. The goal is to write the second stanza (two lines, classical count 7-7 syllables, but that isn't an obligation).



Here is my attempt to continue/complete this Tan Renga started by Panchali:

mystic purple flames
arise from the spirit’s stalks
chill my autumn heart
                     (© Panchali)

bringing offerings to the gods
grateful for pointing the way                 (Chèvrefeuille)

And now it's up to you my dear Haijin ...

This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday November 21st at noon (CET).



2 comments:

  1. This came to me on my Birthday, Kristjaan. What a wonderful gift...thank you!! A great honor..indeed :)
    I shall come back with my Tan Renga soon :))) Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Panchali ... thank you for this great haiku ...

    ReplyDelete