Thursday, November 20, 2014

Carpe Diem #609, Escape (2nd Vision Quest, day 1)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day has gone by. This week I haven't a lot of time, because it's a busy week at work. So this episode will not be that long I think.
Maybe you can remember that I had planned a "Vision Quest" for this week (November 18,19 and 20), but I had forgotten about that. So this new episode will be part of our 2nd "Vision Quest" which will last until November 23nd. I hope you remember that the goal of the "Vision Quest" was to look in a spiritual, deeper way to haiku and to respond within 24 hours.(More on "Vision Quest" you can find HERE)

Today is the first day of this new "Vision Quest" and I will use the upcoming prompts for this "Vision Quest". Today that will be escape, tomorrow that will be a haiku by our featured haiku-poet and the last day of our "Vision Quest" that will be transformation.


So let us start with our first day of our second "Vision Quest". Today we start with escape and I think escape can be very much the feeling of a Vision Quest. As I remember one of my own Vision Quests than it felt really as an escape from all days worries and lack of time. It felt as a relief, finally alone in the middle of nowhere, just searching for peace of mind, heart and body. I remember that the first time I did such a Vision Quest I went into the forest with my back-pack filled with food and water, my disc-man and nothing else. I found myself a nice place, between pine-trees, birches and oaks, and far away from the world. The only sounds I heard were all natural, the song of birds, rustling of leaves and so on. I unclothed and felt the soft warm summer breeze on my skin. There I was completely naked one with nature. Just me myself and my mind, the beat of my heart and the Earth. It felt really as an escape. It was really soothing for my mind, heart and body to be there ...

one with nature
becoming nature again
escaped

© Chèvrefeuille

Not a strong one, but I think it's a real deep spiritual one ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open FOR JUST 24 HOURS until November 21st at 7.00 PM (CET). I will publish our new episode, our 2nd Vision Quest day, a haiku by Tomas Tranströmer, our featured haiku-poet, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku on escape with us all.


3 comments:

  1. My first Haibun - am I right? Want so much to improve :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are keeping our imagination fit and our mind entertained with your intriguing prompts and extensive imformation. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, failed to connect, too relaxed. http://jadcock.blogspot.com/2014/11/escape.html

    ReplyDelete