Monday, November 17, 2014

Carpe Diem #607, Road Side Beggar (a haiku by Nana Fredua-Agyeman)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This day is a special day I think, because I am going to introduce to you a haiku-poet from Ghana, Nana Fredu-Agyeman. He tells us the following about himself:

I have been writing poems since 1998 and Haiku since 2005. Some of my Haiku have been published in Frogpond Haiku Journal, Simplyhaiku.com, Shamrock Journal and in many other journals and ezines. I am interested in meeting anybody of sound mind, irrespective of their background. Presently, I have completed my manuscript BLACK PATHOLOGY. I keep two blogs: HAIKU, for only my Haiku postings and IMAGENATIONS for all other literary postings including Mainstream Poetry and Book Reviews.



looking at the sun
for a silver coin -
roadside beggar


© Nana Fredua-Agyeman

On his weblog Haiku you can find even more wonderful haiku written by him. This prompt, Roadside Beggar, you can see as a "Sparkling Stars" episode ... so I challenge you to write another all new haiku inspired on Nana's haiku.
Here is my attempt to write a haiku in touch with the one by Nana:

in front of the church
a beggar sleeps in his paper-box -
empty bottle of wine

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope you all did like this episode and I hope it will inspire you all to write an all new haiku. This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 20th at noon (CET). I will publish our new episode, an all new GW-post, later on. For now ... have fun!

!! I haven't time to publish a Time Glass episode, so this week no time challenging episode of Time Glass ... next week I hope to have a Time Glass episode again !!


No comments:

Post a Comment