Friday, November 7, 2014

Carpe Diem #600, Boneset or Fujibakama (Eupatorium Japonicum)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today our prompt is Boneset (or Fujibakama), there are a lot of species of this herd, so it wasn't easy to find the right one. It's even possible that I have chosen the wrong boneset, but according to it's Latin name, Eupatorium Japonicum, I think I have the right one.
I can't discribe the beauty of Boneset ... it's a gorgeous flowering herb and I can see why the Japanese find this herb one of the Seven Sacred Autumn Flowers ... just their beauty I think ...

Credits: Boneset (or Fujibakama)
I couldn't find any haiku about this beautiful herb, but finally after researching the Internet I ran into a haiku written by someone named Hata3 (he/she has a blogspot weblog) on Boneset.

~ hyû hyû to kogarashi huku ya fujibakama

a whirring sound
of the withering wind -
flowers of Eupatorium


© Hatayama Akimi (Hata3)

It's a nice one, and the description of the Boneset with sound is such a great idea. It's a bit wooden sound as I may believe the background information I have found about this herb.

purple flowers
sounding like chopsticks -
at dinner time

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 10th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, Chinese Bellflower or Kikyo, later on. For now have fun!


2 comments: