Friday, August 22, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #103, Jim Kacian's "city morning"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to write another CD Special with a haiku by Jim Kacian, our featured haiku-poet this month. This is his fourth haiku this month and I think it's a haiku which can inspire in many ways. I will not talk long this time, but just share that haiku which I have chosen for this CD Special "City Morning".

city morning
a crane lifts its shadow
up the wall


© Jim Kacian


after a night's sleep
the dawn of a new day -
sounds of traffic

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... a nice haiku I think ... and I hope it will inspire you to write an all new haiku. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until August 25th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, XXX, later on.
!! By the way ... I will not publish a new Tan Renga Challenge this week ... sorry ... don't have time enough !!


6 comments:

  1. What's this! You mean you are only working 23 hr days now not 24 hr days! Oh dear! Both haiku there complement each other very well by the way. I am sorry I lost the ability to write haiku and let my thoughts dribble...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the early morning call of nature to the blasting horns of the city but I've lived in both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this prompt...i stopped on my way to work to take a photo of city wrens chirping on a wire a few minutes ago...what a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.. this made me go all american sentence.. the sound of traffic make me think about that gritty charm of inner city noise...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge coincidence here, too - I was in DC yesterday - will be great to have a chance to draw upon those reflections.

    A great prompt --
    All the best --

    ReplyDelete
  6. Link 13 above did not work, so I posted it again (14)....Don't know what happened but sorry about that...........I have a problem with kigo when writing city poems....hopefully the exercise will help me always to remember that....... opie

    ReplyDelete