Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Carpe Diem Update!


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Once in a while I change something at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, sometimes little things, new features or (as I did a little while ago) creating a new piece in our lay-out.
For all those changes I have created this new feature "Carpe Diem Update". For the "badge" I have used a Japanese Woodblock print of Hanakyaku or "admiring the blooming Sakura" (Cherry Tree) by Hirokazu Fukuda (1944-2004). It's a gorgeous woodblock-print and (of course) very Japanese as our haiku is.

In this "update" I will bring our new column "Suikazura No Retsu" under your attention and the new background and lay-out. As I already have heard this new background and lay-out are great, but ... I have done it. It would be nice to make the background and the lay-out together with you my dear haiku-family-members. Why? Well in my opinion it's a community of us all and that grants you all the permission to create it with me as your host.
So ... do you have ideas to change the features of our weblog? Than let me know.




"Suikazura No Retsu" (which means: Chèvrefeuille's Column) you can read at the left side of our weblog and I will write twice a week a new column of course if time is at my side (smiles), but I will try to write twice a week a new column.


As I have told you in our Kerouac-post for today I have created a new prompt-list for June and that said ... we will have new Ghost-Writer posts every wednesday ... so if you will be our Ghost-Writer ... than let me know. For June I need two other Ghost-Writers ... so ... is that you?

Well ... that's it for this first edition of Carpe Diem Update. 

Namaste,

Your host

5 comments:

  1. I can provide a little update as well. This Thursday I will host dVerse .. and I think there might be people who want to contribute. I'm not saying much more, but check it out at 9 PM CET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good wishes for your father, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the layout is one of the best. No changes on the blog format I think, it is run like a dream.

    Sometimes I think readership/family would go if you hosted on wordpress, as studies show better exposure from wordpress. Also on wordpress you can automatically link to tumblr and twitter and facebook.

    You are more constricted on wordpress, but there are some great themes.

    I will be happ to do a ghostwriting post if no-one Ese does, and I think it would be a great way for Ese to welcome herself back into carpe diem. I know she was travelling a lot throughout eastern Europe recently and had no time, but should be in Bulgaria soon.

    If I am needed for the ghostwriting, I think I'd call the post 'The Carpathians' as a theme, and briefly talk about adding some notes with a haiku.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. My father is doing well, yestertday he was released from the hospital. He feels good and hopes that the results will be soon known. It's time to heal for him ... thank you all for your concerns and prayers.

      Delete