Friday, May 9, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #34, Ese's "winter meadows"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another week has gone, it was a wonderful week, because we had awesome Ghost-Writer posts which have inspired you all to write great haiku. A few days ago I published a CD-Extra episode to share my concerns about the Ghost Writer feature. Until today there is still a lot of discussion about it, but I think ... that's what makes our haiku-family stronger and closer together. Carpe Diem is a real community-feature ao I appreciate all of your ideas and thoughts about it. It feels great to read all of your ideas about Ghost Writer and that makes me happy, because that, to me, makes what Carpe Diem Haiku Kai was meant to be ... a warm loving community of haiku-poets. Thank you all for being part of this community ... it makes me proud and at the other hand humble, humble to be and may be your host here.

Today's Tan Renga Challenge is starting with a haiku written by Ese of Ese's Voice. Ese wrote this haiku in response on our May-prompt "Crystal", this haiku was part of a gorgeous trio of haiku at her weblog. By clicking on her name above you will find that post to re-read and to enjoy it.
The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to write a second stanza towards Ese's haiku. That second stanza must have two lines and if you are willing to, you may use the classic syllables-count 7-7, but that's not an obligation.

winter meadows
blossoming frost works
on window panes

© Ese

Credits: Ice Flower Art

A wonderful winter-haiku don't you think too? As I read this one for the very first time I was 'sold' and I asked Ese immediately for permission to use it for a Tan Renga Challenge. She said "yes" ... so let's go and make this Tan Renga complete by putting a second stanza towards it.

winter meadows
blossoming frost works
on window panes   (Ese)

the Creator polished the window
painting a mystical ice-flower   (Chèvrefeuille)

Awesome! A wonderful Tan Renga if I may say so. Now it's up to you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers. Make the Tan Renga complete by writing/composing a second stanza towards it. Have fun!

This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until Friday May 16th noon. Have fun, be inspired and share ...



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this fine post ... I loved Ese's haiku to work from!

    ReplyDelete