Thursday, May 15, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #92, Jack Kerouac's 3rd "two big bumblebees"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another little week has gone and it's time again for our featured haiku-poet, Jack Kerouac, of this CDHK-month. It's a joy to share another wonderful haiku written by him. This one is one of my favorites and I think it would be a favorite of Basho too (if he could have read it). This haiku is so in the way as haiku was meant to be as we could have read in our 5th Ghost-Writer post of this month:

[...] " I learned to look better, in a new way, to the small things along my way and the ordinary things of life. I learned to see for example Buddha in the horse manure of a horse that pooped closely to my head. I noticed the flies on the manure and through that I learned that the small things are more important than the big things in nature, in our surroundings in the Creation. " [...]

In the haiku by Jack Kerouac that's very clear the point ... looking in a different way to nature and the small things in nature .... to see Buddha in it ...

early morning gentle rain,
two big bumblebees
humming at their work



As you all know ... the goal is to write a new haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one given. So here is my haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one Jack Kerouac By the way it's a haiga which I created in 2007 with a photo taken by myself in our backyard.  
searching for honey
the little bumblebee
in the hyacinth

Well ... it's up to you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers to write a haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one I gave by Jack Kerouac.

This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 18th at noon. I will try to post our next episode, Awareness, later on today. It is possible that I will post it later than I normally do, because I am in the nightshift. For now ... have fun!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so relieved! THIS haiku by Kerouac makes sense! Thank you for selecting it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Jack Kerouac was a good writer and it is interesting how he saw haiku. I enjoyed that you brought out a haiku from 7 years ago. You had the magic touch then too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes .. what a wonderful haiku.. and yes this one can be interpreted as a very traditional one.. but I choose the grittier path of american sentence today too.. sorry for missing out yesterday.. had a night out with friends. BTW - check out dVerse tonight.. a very nice new form of very short poetry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous photo of a hyacinth and a bumble bee and your haiku to match it!

    ReplyDelete