Saturday, May 31, 2014

Carpe Diem #482, After Loving (A Dictionary of Haiku - Jane Reichhold)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new month of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. This month all our prompts are modern kigo (seasonwords) for summer based on Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku". Jane has created a nice Saijiki (list of kigo) with all modern kigo and I have made a selection for this month's prompts.
In every episode I will share a haiku by Jane Reichhold as an example of the prompt. Today our prompt is After Loving and these are a few haiku by Jane Reichhold as an example:

sweeping the floor
sunrise on papers
left by lovers

sand
where lovers laid
a shallow depression

lying naked
open to summer stars
this old couple

Awesome haiku, in a way, erotic and sensual. I have asked myself why has Jane chosen to create this kigo for summer, because in my opinion this kigo can be used in all seasons. Ofcourse in summer there is more making love outside, but if that's the reason why she created this summer kigo?

Here is my response on this modern kigo of summer:

walking in moonlight
hand in hand with my love
the sound of the sea


the sound of the sea
accompanies a French kiss
her delicious scent
 

© Chèvrefeuille

And now it's up to you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers ...

Another haiku written by me in response of this prompt:

laying in the sand
with the love of my life
totally naked


totally naked
sharing body fluids
sand on my buttocks

© Chèvrefeuille


This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 3rd at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. That will be, being lazy.

2 comments:

  1. I see summer is in the air! Haiku lend themselves to sensuality I think. Go for it! You painted some genuine pictures of love in nature with your haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer haiku sings of sensuality. Love the photos.
    Mine is up at: https://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/after-loving/

    ReplyDelete