Thursday, November 7, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge Month #VIII, MMT's ''even candent days''



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I love to share a haiku written by Magical Mystical Teacher (MMT), Tales from a Sonoran Desert Classroom, which was written in response on "Willow Leaves'' back in last September. As you all know MMT shares wonderful haiku mostly accompanied by a wonderful photo. It's a wonderful haiku to start a Tan Renga with, so here it is:

even candent days
cannot drive the willow leaves
from their homing place


(c) MMT

And here is my attempt to complete this Tan Renga:

even candent days
cannot drive the willow leaves
from their homing place
                                      (MMT)


as the cold night falls
leaves fall one by one
                                          (Chèvrefeuille)



A nice completion I think, makes the scene complete in my opinion, but maybe you think otherwise.


Willow in Autumn

This Tan Renga Challenge will stay on until November 10th 11.59 AM (CET) and later on today I will share our new episode of our Tan Renga Challenge Month, but for now ... have fun, be inspired and share your completed Tan Renga with our Haiku Kai.
!! This Tan Renga Challenge Month episode is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!

PS. I have posted a new episode of ''Revise that Haiku''  earlier today, so I challenge you to ''revise'' the famous haiku by Basho ''Old Pond''.



7 comments:

  1. What a beauty-both the Haiku by MMT & Kristjaan's completion! I doubt I can match up to this but am loathe to skip-so am off to complete this and then its goodnight:-)Will catch up with commenting on the Tan Renga submissions tomorrow morning-my eyes are drooping-so GN:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heat and cold.. the willow wane.. wonderfully... late already... I will get back and catch up later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desert extremes strike again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beauty of this haiku. Enjoyed writing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wicked cold ... vivid imagery created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is nice to see all the leaves scattered about - magical moments of autumn and cold nights just right for snuggling by the fire. lovely haiku. ♥

    ReplyDelete