Friday, November 15, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge Month #XVI, Managua Gunn's ''in hidden places''


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another busy day. I have already published a new episode of our feature ''distillation'' and I have prepared a few new episodes of other features and I was busy with completing the prompt-list for December. And now I have to write the new Tan Renga Challenge episode ...

Today our Tan Renga is started with a haiku written by Managua Gunn of Coffee with yer buccaneer. Managua wrote this haiku in response on the episode about Kireji of our ''back to Roots'' feature. That episode you can re-visit HERE. For sure worth reading I think.

Here is the starting verse of this Tan Renga Challenge:

in hidden places
under the porch floorboards-
cherry blossoms

(c) Managua Gunn



And here is my attempt to write a second stanza to this Tan Renga:

in hidden places
under the porch floorboards-
cherry blossoms
                                               (Managua Gunn)

in the light of the full moon
making love under the cherry
                            (Chèvrefeuille)

Hm ... not a strong completion, but the first stanza brought this imagery in my mind, so I had to use it. And now it's up to you my dear haijin, visitors and travelers.
This episode of our Tan Renga Challenge Month will be open for your submissions until November 18th 11.59 AM (CET) and you can start submitting tonight at 7.00 PM (CET). So have fun, be inspired and share your completed Tan Renga with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.



5 comments:

  1. Poetic and romantic touch here.. it's late.. and I'm getting behind on poetry reading.. Check out dVerse tomorrow... I'm hosting for the first time with a prompt..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the lure of the full moon! Romance in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vey nice one there - nice image and opens possibilities of why the blossoms are under the board, thanks Chèvrefeuille

    ReplyDelete
  4. cherry, moon and love in full bloom.......beautifully done....

    ReplyDelete
  5. so love your completion. beautiful

    ReplyDelete