Thursday, November 14, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge Month #XV, Lolly's ''crossing the footbridge''


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I was reading a few older posts today and I also read the posts about Southard again. What a lovely haiku he has written and today one of his haiku inspired Lolly of a Lovely Thing, to write the haiku which we will use today for our Tan Renga Challenge. First I love to share the haiku which was the inspiration-source for Lolly.


across the still lake
through up curls of morning mist -
the cry of a loon

(c) O. Mabson Southard

Credits: Great Northern Loon
And here follows the inspired haiku by Lolly which is the starting verse of our new Tan Renga Challenge:

crossing the footbridge
a sound that comes unbidden ...
my wild beating heart

(c) Lolly

A wonderful haiku inspired on Southard's ... as I read this one I was in awe ... and asked Lolly for permission to use it and so ... it became our 15th Tan Renga Challenge. We are halfway now and we have still 15 other wonderful haiku composed by you all to go before we enter our new month of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. December will be a gorgeous month I think. In that month all our prompts are musical pieces composed by a young promising musician of New Age, World fusion music. In that month we also will have again the Carpe Diem Specials. Our featured haiku-poet in December will be Hando a modern times haiku poet who died in 2005. He has a special place in my heart. Why? I will tell you later as I publish our December prompt-list. I love to share a short music video of a composition by Adrian von Ziegler, our young and promising musician next month.




Back to our Tan Renga Challenge of today. Here is my attempt to complete the Tan Renga started by Lolly:

crossing the footbridge
a sound that comes unbidden ...
my wild beating heart  
                                              (Lolly)

as I see her standing there
our eyes meet, her sweet smile ... wow
                      (Chèvrefeuille)

Ah! Love is in the air ... Well .... my dear friends ... now it's up to you to complete this Tan Renga and share it with our Haiku Kai.
This episode will stay on until November 17th 11.59 AM (CET) and is open for your submissions this evening at 7.00 PM (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share.



8 comments:

  1. That's cute, kristjaan. I wonder who you were imagining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your romantic ending. I thought romance, too, but then changed to a different reason for the beating heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very romantic completion for the tan renga and lovely music with a lilt to it ~ thanks, happy weekend to you ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet completion, Kristjaan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet and romantic completion. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the completion by you,Kristjaan-it inspired me to go for it with just 5 mins remaining.A beautiful challenge-missed posting it by a few minutes.However here is the link in case one wants to check it out-this is the fastest I have ever completed a Tan Renga-flat 3 mins but had to post and then link back-thus by the time I refreshed the pg,the collection had closed :-)

    http://brewmeacuppa.wordpress.com/2013/11/17/carpe-diem-tan-renga-xv/

    ReplyDelete