Sunday, October 21, 2012

Carpe Diem, #22 Sunflower


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's a joy to write another episode of Carpe Diem. Every day I am glad to see that you're inspired every day again and that you provide me with wonderfully composed haiku. Thank you all for being faithful to Carpe Diem. I hope to see that this haiku meme will be growing further. So ... if you know other haijin or poets who love to write haiku ... well ... draw attention to them on Carpe Diem. I love to see our Carpe Diem grow and I hope that I can go on with this daily haiku meme ...

from the bottom of my heart that you are participating in Carpe Diem
Today our prompt is sunflower that wonderful flower that looks like a bright shining sun. I have warm memories to sunflowers and when my brother died in 1995 I provided my parents with a haiga on sunflowers. They had a hard time when my brother died and they were very sad about his loss.
I can't retrieve the haiga (it was an watercolor painting with a calligraphed haiku) I can reproduce the haiku here:

in dark times
sunflowers give
a bit of sunlight


My parents had a big support of it in those dark times after the dead of my brother.

This prompt will stay ou 'till October 23th 11.59 AM (CET). Our new prompt is praying and I will publish that today around 10.00 PM (CET)

Have fun writing your haiku. Be inspired and enjoy. Your haiku may be a classical or a nono-classical one. Feel free and be creative.


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean....Sometimes I just flip thru beautiful bright pix and feel my spirits lift.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that these words meant so much to your parents. Great words.

    ReplyDelete